Old 28-03-2005, 05:30 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 18:12:58 -0600, (DD DDD) wrote:

I have a 500 gallon preform. I want a external mechanical/biological
(maybe with UV) filter. Is there any really good ones? I have seen so
many types I dont know which to get. Also is the UV worth adding? And
also there is a pressure one with backflow.. I just want one that works
outside of pond and easy to maintain since I have a metal fence over the
pond. (need the filter outside. Size it not a problem.. If it cost
500.00 Fine... Im just tired of buying junk. I have 4 turtles 28 fish
and some frogs. So it needs to clean well... I have no plants, I may put
in a few but the turtles eat them and I want my turtles. LOL Thank you

Are you in to DIY at all? Even though the pond is small, go with a large
filter so you won't have to do constant maintenance due to the critters you
keep. Perhaps a version of mine (pictures and diagram on website) would
work for you? Click on *My Filter* and if interested there are parts listed
under *Demon Pond Filter*. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~