Old 29-03-2005, 12:46 AM
Nikki Casali

Default Anacharis melt

Do anacharis stems have a life expectancy? Once a week I trim the bottom
stems and replant. They grow about 8" a week. Suddenly, half the stems
have stopped growing, the leaves have turned brown and have curled down.
The other half are still growing rampant, seemingly oblivious to the
surrounding death.

What could have killed half the anacharis? I have a hunch that the stems
die after growing to a certain length, and that the half still alive are
the younger side shoots. I may be wrong of course. They are growing in
close proximity to a watersprite. Maybe the watersprite leeches a growth
inhibitor from its roots. Hmmmm.

NO3 16ppm
PO4 0.6ppm
Fe 0.25ppm