Old 29-03-2005, 03:30 AM
Jeff

I think my 3 year old would like you, Sarge. Toys are definitely a focus!

Good to hear that either choice may be a good choice, although I doubt
either is built to the quality that they were 30 years ago.

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message

"Jeff" wrote in message
Sorry, forgot one other thing. I'd prefer to mulch over bag. Any
experience with the mulching quality of either of these?

Thanks again!

Jeff

My JD 110 is about 30 years old - 8hp Kohler, and I use it to snowblow -
does a good job with weights and chains - the mower deck is still in good
shape (38" I think) and the variable 4 forward speeds is good for both
mowing and blowing. I don't mulch or bag. I have broken a small piece
out
of the front of the fiberglass hood.

My Cadet 128 is also about 30 years old - 12hp Kohler and I use it to mow
larger areas amd brush hog - and plow the garden with a moldboard plow.
The
mower deck is still in good shape (50") but I have burned up 2 belts brush
hogging. Mice keep making nests in the motor shroud.

And btw, it's easier to get JD toys, hats & jackets here than it is to get
Cub Cadet.

"Jeff" wrote in message
Thinking about one or the other. Any experience out there with the
John
Deere G110 versus the Cub Cadet SLT 1554? The Deere is available at

Depot, the Cub at Lowes. I'm primarily interested in durability and
reliability. I know the Deere has a fully welded frame (not sure about
this Cub model). I think they both have Kohler v-twins. The Cub is
significantly less expensive.

Thoughts?!

Thanks in advance.

Jeff