Old 29-03-2005, 05:55 AM
cat daddy

"Toni" wrote in message
. ..

"cat daddy" wrote in message

So, I was wondering if the fermentation process was worth the wait,
considering. I'm a serial aerobic compost tea maker, so I'm looking

forward
to adding this stuff to my organic arsenal and am fishing for comments

about
it......

I've made it from both meal and from pellets but have never let it

ferment.
What is the supposed benefit of this?

I suppose merely soaking it doesn't release all the goodies into the
water.

From the website:
"Dry alfalfa is a good slow-release source of nitrogen, but since you will
be "digesting" it by letting it ferment in water, the resulting tea is a
soluable, fast-acting nitrogen source."

Now I'm wondering if making it aerobic with an airstone would be good,
bad or indifferent, just like compost tea..........

And a really tight cover is a good idea- the latch batch I made found a
fruit rat swimming in it :-0