Old 29-03-2005, 06:40 AM
Starlord

Alfalfa is a Nigon fixer in the soil, much like clover, you would have to
add sugar to it.

My best back of it I do the following:

In a steel tub I place alfafa ( I use raw HAY ) and I fill it with water,
making sure that the hay is well soaked.

I let that sit for about an hour, I then use plactic buckets and by hand I
slowly remove the hay, squeeing it to take out most of the water. I get the
steams, and the leaves form a fine mash.

The hay and leaves go into a 55gal trash can to be hauled out to my garden
and used. The water mix I then put back in the steel tub and I add one or
two hansfull of steer manure and mix it in good.

I then let this sit for another hour, I then repeat what I did with the hay.
I then take the tea that has been made and put it in soda pop plastic
bottles which I take out by the garden and for one day, starting in the am
let them cook in the high mojave desert sun, sometimes reaching 100F
outside.

I then that night, place the bottles in a area out of the sun and use them
during the summer.

"cat daddy" wrote in message

I suppose merely soaking it doesn't release all the goodies into the
water.

From the website:
"Dry alfalfa is a good slow-release source of nitrogen, but since you will
be "digesting" it by letting it ferment in water, the resulting tea is a
soluable, fast-acting nitrogen source."

Now I'm wondering if making it aerobic with an airstone would be good,
bad or indifferent, just like compost tea..........

And a really tight cover is a good idea- the latch batch I made found a
fruit rat swimming in it :-0