Old 29-03-2005, 07:26 AM
Travis

cover wrote:
We have a freshly budding Maple tree in our back yard (though it
seems a bit early this year). My wife seems to think that it's
dripping a residue which I would be inclined to think is Aphid
activity since we've had problems with Aphids in the past with our
Maple trees. I don't recall however, having the issue at the
'budding' stage before so... What steps to the experienced or
experts suggest for budding Maple trees where Aphids are
concerned... ? We don't like to spray unless necessary because of
our dog and cats but... HATE the Aphids and their 'sap', just the
same... :-)

Insecticidal soap.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5