Old 29-03-2005, 12:25 PM
Elaine T

Nikki Casali wrote:

dfreas wrote:

However if you are growing it rooted and the top covers the surface the
problem may be as simple as the top of the plant cutting off light to
the bottom of the plant and causing it to die.

They are all rooted. The bottoms don't have enough time to die as they
are trimmed and binned weekly. When I say half, I don't mean half of the
stem. I mean 1 stem out of 2 has died. The whole length of the stem
stops in its tracks, dies, turns brown and decomposes in situ. The
healthy stems have beautiful growth from bottom to top. No stems have
half dead lengths.

I always grew mine

floating on top of the water. But that's just a guess - I really have
no idea what the problem is, just letting you know what the problem is
not ;-)

Something else then must be the cause. I use lead weights at the bottom
of the bunches to hold them down. Can wrapping a lead weight too tightly
at the base be detrimental, like cutting off its resources?

They've been growing rampant for over a month, whether shaded or not.
This has all of a sudden happened. The only chemical change I've made is
the addition of Seachem's Excel.

Nikki

Bingo! Seachem says that Excel kills anacharis.

--
__ Elaine T __
__' http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__