Old 29-03-2005, 03:26 PM
cat daddy

"escape" wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 07:49:04 -0600, "cat daddy"

opined:

Yep, I know how to make it from info on the web..... }:-) I've used
soaked alfalfa pellets as a compost starter in the past. The one I'm

going
to follow is to take a 30 gallon trash can, cover tightly, and let it
ferment for a week. Most of the sites hint at what it will smell like,

which
could be described as recreating a cow's stomach with the resulting smell

of
manure. I hope to get a 50lb. bag today and I'll also be adding Epsom

salt.
http://www.nurserysite.com/clubs/peninsular/tea.html

We're already using coffee grounds (~200 lbs. per tree) for slow

release
nitrogen and zinc, and I wanted a quick boost of nitrogen as well as the
triacontanol growth stimulant and other trace goodies that alfalfa meal
promises.

So, I was wondering if the fermentation process was worth the wait,
considering. I'm a serial aerobic compost tea maker, so I'm looking

forward
to adding this stuff to my organic arsenal and am fishing for comments

about
it......

I would not make a anaerobic tea using anything anymore. Not after

they've
found how wonderful aerobic tea has been. I think you should make that

same
aerobic tea using alfalfa, not that smelly stuff.

You know, that's what I'm thinking, unless the advantage is making a lot
of ammonia. It should still infuse the tea with all the trace elements. I
think I'm going to to going into mass tea production. I need some more
airstones.