Old 29-03-2005, 03:41 PM
Mike Patterson

On 29 Mar 2005 03:37:03 -0800, (addict) wrote:

Hi all, anybody know the best way to get rid of green water, I have
had the pump running with the UV light on for about two eeks know, and
still green. I am now trying to use interpet green away, anyone ever
tried this before. Or has anybody got any advice on how to get rid of
the algae...

Several possibilities I can think of:

UV bulbs lose effectiveness over time, how old is yours?
UV not sized for the the size of the pond.
Something blocking UV inside
Need more plants!
Too many nutrients in water (too many fish, fertilizers getting into
pond, etc etc etc.)

HTH
Mike
Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin