Old 29-03-2005, 06:49 PM
Derek Broughton

Reel McKoi wrote:

## YEP!!! When we opened the pump about 1/4 cup of water ran out. We
allowed it to dry out all day and sealed it with GREASE. Hubby tightened
them nicely this time. Also, the screws were not real tight when I
unscrewed them - probably causing a poor seal. :-( Home Depot no
longer
carries these pumps nor does Foster&Smith. We don't know if the is grease
will work so ordered another pump just in case, a Pondmaster Mag Drive @
1800 gph. Price w/shipping & handling came to $140.98.

There's pros and cons there. The pondmaster should never have this problem,
as afaik the motor is epoxy encased. otoh, you can't ever give it even a
temporary fix by slapping a lot of grease in it :-) on the whole though,
I've heard much better things about the Pondmasters than about Beckets.
--
derek