Old 29-03-2005, 06:53 PM
Derek Broughton

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:

On Sat, 26 Mar "Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote:

Population: Kathy is right about pet shops and about the value of cutting
back the numbers of goldies. Unfortunately, that will also fuel their
successful spawn.

I respectfully disagree, I think it is the "feeding" that fuels it, if
they aren't fed, live off the pond than the statement below controls the
problem:

I'd agree. I've never had a problem keeping lots of fish in a pond, but not
the numbers you see in well-fed ponds. Mine are always fed for one reason
only - to get them to come to the surface.
--
derek