Old 29-03-2005, 07:47 PM
RichToyBox

One of my three bead filters is the Aquadyne 4.4. I have it on a pond of
about 2500 - 3000 gallons. Look for one with the air blower for cleaning.
When I clean mine, I blow in the rinse position until it starts sounding
like popcorn popping, and then blow on backwash to drain the dirty water.
Then rinse a little in backwash mode, then in rinse mode before placing back
in filter mode. It takes about 100 gallons to do the backwash. Without the
blower, It would take much longer to clean, and I have heard some say,
proper cleaning cannot be done without the blower.
--
RichToyBox

"Mike" wrote in message
Anyone out there using an aquadyne bead filter? Do you like it? I'm
thinking about upgrading to a 1.1b model (with blower)

Mike