Old 29-03-2005, 03:29 PM
Nick Gray

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
I would like to know what variety of Morning Glory is pictured here...
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pam...bum?.dir=/6958
assuming the photo works. I've not tried this before.

This Morning Glory was growing up the wall of the house at Bicton
Gardens, Devon, in 2003. I think it is not the ordinary one, but a
more spectacular one. I have also seen a similar one which is
certainly more than just an annual, growing in a hot house at
Slimbridge, the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust, in Gloucestershire.
I've looked through the list of Ipomeas listed in the Chiltern
catalogue but cannot find one which seems to match.
I grow some ordinary ones each year and have saved seed, but I have
never grown any as blue or as big as these.
Any ideas?

Pam in Bristol

Hi Pam,

I'm pretty sure it's Ivyleaf Morning Glory - Ipomoea hederacea

HTH

Cheers

Nick
http://www.ukgardening.co.uk