Old 29-03-2005, 04:51 PM
JennyC

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
Flora wrote:
spakker wrote:
"JennyC" wrote in message

I have one of these in a pot (freebee from a garden show last autumn!)

It's in the GH ATM but I was wondering just how much frost it will take??

Any experiences with one in the ground outside?

Perfectly hardy in south england and sheltered parts north.
Will grow well in poor dry soil too - that should give you a clue!

Er, not really. If the current spell of very mild winters continues,
then it will probably remain hardy enough in the south. But Bean
describes it as needing wall protection, and it certainly wouldn't
have taken the winters here exposed to the wind up to a decade ago.
Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

By the sounds of it, I shall be on the lookout for a bigger pot then :~)
Jenny