Old 29-03-2005, 06:05 PM
kevcam

In my experience eating sprouted spuds can give you the chits!!

"Mike" wrote in message
"David" wrote in message
Hi, my son is moving house and has given us a paper sack (25kg) of

potatoes
which have started to sprout. Rather than toss them away, I was thinking

of
planting some of them in a spare piece of ground I've got. Will this

present
any problems?I'm not too bothered about getting a crop, although that

would
be a bonus. I don't know which variety they are as they aren't labelled.
Alternatively, if there are problems associated with growing them, could
compost them?

regards,

David

Why compost them?

Do as you suggest plant them, what have you lose?

OR

Rub the chits off and eat them!!

My Mother in Law bought a sack of spuds, got half way through them and
then
popped her clogs :-))))

When we emptied the bungalow, these spuds were chitting. Rubbed the chits
off and cooked them :-)))))

Mike