Old 29-03-2005, 11:41 PM
charliekilo

"Harold Robbins" wrote in message
news

Rusty Mase wrote:

That must have been the area where the birds were reported killed. I
did some work on a ranch west of Lake Travis that was hit by a hail
storm with really big hail several years ago. The hail shredded the
trees and killed about half of them, especially the junipers and cedar
elms. It must have done terrible damage to the birds, also. Even a
year later most of the birds were cavity nesters like wrens and
titmouse that might have been somewhat protected.

Rusty Mase

I didn't see any birds (still don't) since hearing about hundreds of birds
killed in Austin. But I wondered the same thing.

Harold

At least one survived...until this morning. My cat took care of that...yuck.
At least she, like all good hunters, eats what they kill.