Old 30-03-2005, 02:17 AM
Nikki Casali

R. Santink wrote:

Ah ha! I always knew there was an explanation for everything. Thank
you very much for that. I will half the dose and closely monitor the
situation.

Nikki

I would take it one further and stop the Excel altogether until your
Anacharis' recovery is well underway. Unless of course, you have other
plants dependent on it.

50% of the tank is Anacharis, 50% Watersprite. There's no dependency. I
used Excel purely as an experiment to see if had any effect on a little
staghorn and a strange brown/black matt covering some Echinodorus
Tenellus. Interestingly, the Ancistrus scrape the matt clean away when
they can be bothered. The Excel also clouded up when I switched on the
UV for a few hours. The experiment has been discontinued indefinitely.

I fertilize my Anacharis with Iron, 1/3 - 1/4 dosage Excel (really just
to gradually get rid of the bottle!, and also with potassium. I also
have PlantGRO 16-9-12 sticks under the sand in the denser areas.

I was really proud of my Anacharis' growth. I'm using a whole host of
fertilisers from Botanica which includes most micro and macro nutrients.
Here's a before and after: http://www.ncasali.demon.co.uk/AnacharisMelt.html

Good luck!

Thanks! Let's see if I can revive any of the "dead" ones.

Nikki