Old 29-03-2005, 10:49 PM

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:56:26 -0500 in Kenni Judd wrote:
To me, the biggest problem with Danielle's purchase is that it was
intentionally packaged in a misleading way. Yes, most of us who post here
would have known to look for the plastic pot inside the clay, at a place
like that, but Danielle obviously didn't, and I doubt she's the only one
who's been surprised after getting home with such a purchase. Those clay
pots aren't intended to attract the throw-away customer, who will almost
certainly put the plant into something more decorative anyway. They are
purposely aimed at folks who've troubled themselves to learn at least a
little bit, because they're buying a _plant_, something they hope to enjoy
for years, not just flowers for temporary decoration.

My current favorite is Lowes selling vandas with nice instructions on
planting the thing in the ground.

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil