Old 29-03-2005, 11:48 PM
~Roy~

Becketts are pityfull pumps compared to Danner Pond
Master....Pondmasters have the top end hands down, in regards to life
expectency, non-oil filled, no seals to leak, and less power
consumption. For what the big box stores charge for a Becket or Little
Giant, you can get a great pondmaster.....plus most models are capable
of submerged or outside the water use...

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 13:49:34 -0400, Derek Broughton
wrote:

===Reel McKoi wrote:
===
=== ## YEP!!! When we opened the pump about 1/4 cup of water ran out. We
=== allowed it to dry out all day and sealed it with GREASE. Hubby tightened
=== them nicely this time. Also, the screws were not real tight when I
=== unscrewed them - probably causing a poor seal. :-( Home Depot no
=== longer
=== carries these pumps nor does Foster&Smith. We don't know if the is grease
=== will work so ordered another pump just in case, a Pondmaster Mag Drive @
=== 1800 gph. Price w/shipping & handling came to $140.98.
===
===There's pros and cons there. The pondmaster should never have this problem,
===as afaik the motor is epoxy encased. otoh, you can't ever give it even a
===temporary fix by slapping a lot of grease in it :-) on the whole though,
===I've heard much better things about the Pondmasters than about Beckets.