Old 30-03-2005, 02:51 AM
Reel McKoi

"Elaine T" wrote in message
m...
My azolla and water lettuce are starting to show reddish coloration and
the water lettuce is losing a few leaves. Nitrates are nearly zero
since I only have 7 small, lightly fed fish (if that many) in about 70
gallons of water. In a planted fishtank I'd add nitrate to the water.
Should I do the same in my 3 barrel pond?

I handle the plants in my ponds, pools and barrels the same as the plants in
my aquariums. They need the same nutrients. I find 1 Tbs. of Potassium
(Potash) per 1000 gallons does wonders for my outdoor water plants.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...