Old 29-03-2005, 10:44 PM
Bob Hobden

"Victoria Clare" wrote ...
I've just bought a Miltonia orchid. I've only grown phalenopsis orchids
before.

Any advice for growing Miltonias in the UK? I know they are indoor
plants,
but I've found with the phals that they need more light than most of the
online resources suggest, and seem to tolerate direct sunlight well except
in midsummer.

I deduce from this that most of the websites are written for places with
more sun than us, and would therefore like to hear from anyone who grows
miltonias successfully in the UK.

I understand they need more humidity than phalenopsis - am I likely to get
away with it on a windowsill on a plate of water balanced on pebbles?

If you manage to get the humidity right for the Miltoniopsis on the
windowsill then the wall paper will fall off the wall.
I've always found them difficult. Good luck.

--
Regards
Bob