Old 30-03-2005, 03:11 AM
Cereus-validus.....

Plant them now but don't expect flowers this year.

"Ted Shoemaker" wrote in message
Hello!

I just discovered some tulip bulbs I had left abandoned in the garage all
winter in a bucket. I thought I had tossed them out. Some of them are
sprouting! Stalks are up to 7 inches long; roots are wispy but moist, and
up to 1.5 inches long.

What should I do?
(a) Plant them quick. There's still time. (If so, what special care is
needed?)
(b) Put them in forcing trays. There are not enough roots for anything
else.
(c) Let the kids dissect them for a biology project. They won't really
grow, whether in the ground or a forcing tray.
(d) Tell my wife they're onions, and see what her cooking is like next
week.

Thank you for all replies!

Ted Shoemaker

Madison, Wisconsin, USA