Old 30-03-2005, 06:47 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 00:10:42 GMT, Elaine T wrote:

My azolla and water lettuce are starting to show reddish coloration and
the water lettuce is losing a few leaves. Nitrates are nearly zero
since I only have 7 small, lightly fed fish (if that many) in about 70
gallons of water. In a planted fishtank I'd add nitrate to the water.
Should I do the same in my 3 barrel pond?

Elaine, I suspect that since your azolla is red your water temperatures and
down? Most water plants can't take up nutrients till the water is a certain
temp, that's why new growth on some water iris will actually be white in
the spring. Once the water warms up, they green up. 55*F and up. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~