Old 30-03-2005, 07:56 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:42:07 -0500, "RWITTY" wrote:

I'm a 5-year veteran ponder, and a regular fan of this cool newsgroup. In
the middle of winter, the PVC liner that came with my Beckett pond (4 x 6 x
18 ", 270 gal) kit ruptured, leaving 12 assorted Koi/goldies lying in 1 inch
of ice and water. I raided our emergency water supply and transported them
in a Rubbermaid container to a water garden center that agreed to take them
off my hands, and all the fish survived. With spring here, I am now ready to
buy a rubber liner and stock the pond with only 2 Koi and about 4 goldies,
and some plants........

If you're going to stay with the same size pond how about making a fake
flower pot filter? You can see 3 on my website, one is a commercial unit
that sells for $99. Two are homemade for $30 and $11. I made one, a little
larger than the 3 shown, for my 1,000 gallon lily pond without bothering
with the flower saucer on top (used a plastic garbage can lid instead) cost
me $15. Unfortunately haven't take a picture of it yet. To see the other
two, go to my website (below), click on My Filter and scroll to the bottom
of that page. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~