Old 30-03-2005, 01:55 PM
Rich

Default lantana varieties?

Zone 6, southwestern PA

We arbitrarily picked up a small lantana late last year (late July or so?),
and stuck it in a bare spot to replace something that hadn't done well.
We had never had lantana before, and did't expect much from the little guy,
it was just a whim.

It did great--it grew quickly, flowered profusely, and by mid-September was
really pretty. We'd like to do more with Lantana this year, but we don't
know what variety we had, and have too little info to try to guess (or ask
you to).

But can anyone recommend some varieties they've had luck with, in zone 6 or
thereabouts? Although a little research indicates this is a heat/sun
loving plant, it did great on our patio in full sun, but not much heat. It
held it's own well into the fall weather, also.

Given it's fast growth, I'd really like to try training it up a post in a
planter--I've seen some hints that this can be done--and prune it into a
bushy form at the top. If I'd started that even last July, I think I'd
have had time to get most of the way there. So with an earlier start this
year...

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!