Old 30-03-2005, 02:37 PM
The Reids

Following up to Victoria Clare

Um, it is. The car parks are quite close to the center, and you can
usually just walk straight in from the car.

If they made you park miles away, I presume that means that the nearer
carparks were already full?

I believe I have seen buses going round the carparks, but I assumed they
were for the benefit of the elderly and infirm: it is quite a hilly site
after all. Were there no footpath signs from the carpark you were in? The
path sort of winds down the middle of the carparks between sunken banks,

It was raining and everybody was queuing for the bus, we could
have enquired more but the whole herding feel of the place didn't
appeal and we were out of it pretty quick. I saw cycle track
signs, but being headed for London I was in the car!
--
Mike Reid
Wasdale-Thames path-London-Photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site