Old 30-03-2005, 07:06 PM
Susan Erickson

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:24:19 -0800, "flosaeris"
wrote:
This particular plant, is from
the collection of a deceased person. A very old collector which I
understand isn't that uncommon for these decades old collectors
to have something in their collection that cites doesn't like.

Several people have said that although the fruit of the forbidden
is forbidden; grandfathered plants are OK. So the whole thing is
that the hybrid is OLD has been in cultivation for a long time.
And was in cultivation before the plant thru taxonomic
shenanigans became a new discovery. Thus this is not forbidden
but is grandfathered into being OK. That is the way I have heard
it explained. But you have to keep the plant's history and be
able to prove that this is the plant. How I have never heard.

Unless the owner plans to breed with the plant I would not worry.
Keep any inventory, or sale information he/she has listing the
plant as part of this "historic collection". This documentation
goes to proving the plant is an old hybrid. When was it
registered? Was that before the species became Cities listed?
Or is it on cities because it was moved?

SuE