Old 30-03-2005, 05:10 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 18:11:35 +0100, nemo2 wrote:

As the water temperature was above 55°F I feed the fish and they
seemed pretty hungary. I ws please to see that the chlorine in the
pond was 0 ppm as I have a slight leak in my stream and have had to
replace about 25% of the water over the last 2-3 weeks and the
chlorine in my tap water is 0.25 ppm; need a nice day to sort the leak
out.

At the moment the string algae seems to be under control, if anynody
has any suggestions how I can keep in that way I would apprciate them;
prvention being better than cure. I appreciate that I need to cure the
leak in the stream asap as adding fresh water will promote the growth
of string algae.

The new water at that rate isn't going to promote algae. You should get
some chlorine detox though, as constant exposure to minute amounts of
chlorine can be stressful over time on fish.

To keep the algae at bay, add more plants (if you haven't) and go easy on
the feeding. If the algae seems to be taking off, stop feeding. Fish are
little fertilizing machines. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~