Old 30-03-2005, 04:42 PM
Sacha

On 30/3/05 4:15 pm, in article , "andrewpreece"
wrote:

"The Reids" wrote in message
Following up to Charlie Pridham

I suspect that it was almost bursting at the seams
being as it is Easter holidays.

probably the worst time to go, but that's when we go to Cornwall
each year.
--

I found the place a bit too commercial and lacking in something. Like I said
on a previous thread, I preferred The Lost Gardens of Heligan or suchlike,

We thought the structure absolutely amazing and rather enjoyed the tropical
zone but found the Med. Zone very disappointing. Admittedly, this was two
years ago and they were re-planting some obviously very unhappy plants at
that time. We felt that we probably won't return for another two or three
years, so that there's time for it to mature and one can see real changes.
One or two of our customers have expressed disappointment with the place on
the grounds that it doesn't seem to be quite sure whether it's trying to
educate or to entertain.
Personally, I prefer Heligan, too though Ray isn't keen. But the vegetable
garden there is *wonderful*, I think and I don't grow veggies!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk