Old 30-03-2005, 05:20 PM
Victoria Clare

The Reids wrote in
:

Following up to andrewpreece

A bit too new age and politically correct for me ( don't mention
Christmas
there ).

I got that impression from my fleeting visit! Perhaps we will try
again next year now we know there *is* a footpath and don't have
to queue for the bus or buy a bike and I know now not to expect
the peace and tranquility you associate with gardens, rather more
like going to a football match.

The times I've been it has actually been pretty quiet. The first time we
bought tickets in advance from tourist information in Plymouth, so as not
to have to queue, but after that we just sort of pitched up and rarely have
to wait long.

If you can go at a time that isn't peak holiday season, its much more
civilised.

Oh, and I don't know if this has changed, but there used to be a sort of
myth that you had to get there absurdly early, because of the queues. This
meant that everyone arrived en masse in the morning, but if you turned up
after 2ish, they were all starting to go home already and there were in
fact no queues after all.

Victoria