Old 30-03-2005, 05:23 PM
CK

Hi Jonathan,

"Jonathan" wrote in message

As I'm new to this whole gardening lark, I'd also like to know where's the
kind of place I can hire a rotorvator to turn a chunk of lawn into a
veggie patch (tried a bit of it and it killed my back, so I reckon it'd be
worth it if it meant I could still go to work!) and also where I can buy
large rainwater tanks.Apparently, if I catch it all, I get a chunk off my
wastewater bill.

I don't know whether you mean 'water butt'. My husband has just order a
300L one from the local council. It is half the price than the local shops.
I used keywords 'water butt' and 'ceredigion' and 'council' which I found
exactly the webpage I needed.

Oh, and what vegetable/fruit things should I be planting within the next
week? Told you I was new to all this! Going to get a book, but probably
need to get planting with some urgency if I'm going to get anything from
this summer. (Just got the garden space, so couldn't have done anything
before)

I don't know where you live, as Scotland is much colder than Wales. I have
subscribed to BBC gardening and T&M weekly newsletters (of course you have
to accept some advertisements on special offer from the latter one) which
may give me some advices. For example I got the advice from BBC in the last
newsletter which may answer your question:
Vegetables to sow outdoors or under cloches this Easter weekend
include broad beans, beetroots, Brussels sprouts, summer cabbages,
leeks, lettuces, hardy peas and radishes.
You can visit the following webpage and may get an idea:
BBC gardening (jobs in the month):
http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/today...bs_index.shtml

I hope you may find the information useful.

With regards,
CK from Aberystwyth