Old 30-03-2005, 11:20 PM
dt

escape wrote:

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:36:14 -0600, dt opined:

Hundreds of dead grackles???

Sounds like either:
a. a good start
b. a drop in the bucket

DT
http://www.thehungersite.com/

You have no idea how horrendous this makes you sound as a human being. How
void are you to say such a thing like this. My heart goes out to such hatred.

My apologies at offending anyone. No hatred, necessarily, but it certainly seems like the songbird population takes a beating whenever you've got large flocks of grackles around. Not to mention the stench of a large urban roost.

"According to George Simmons’ Birds of the Austin Region, great-tails
were considered rare and local summer residents in 1921 from early
March to July, reaching their northern limit in Central Texas. Today,
great-tails have pushed their home range as far north as southern
Canada." http://www.tpwmagazine.com/archive/2004/nov/legend/

Another bird that's greatly extended its territory is the white-wing dove. 30 years ago you'd *never* see one this far north; now there's neighborhoods in Austin that have hundreds, if not thousands.

DT
http://www.thehungersite.com/