Old 31-03-2005, 12:01 AM
Rusty Mase

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 16:20:46 -0600, dt
wrote:

Another bird that's greatly extended its territory
is the white-wing dove. 30 years ago you'd *never*
see one this far north; now there's neighborhoods
in Austin that have hundreds, if not thousands.

"A Bird Finding and Naturalist's Guide for the Austin, Texas Area
(Kutac and Caran, 1976) lists White-winged Doves as occurring as
"Accidentals" in the Austin areas based on a sighting in May 1973.

I moved into my home in 1976 and the only doves I noticed were Inca
Doves and an occasional Morning Dove. Now I have only White-winged
Doves, and those, abundantly.

Rusty Mase