Old 31-03-2005, 02:21 AM
dkat

"ROSS" wrote in message
My pond was totaly green all summer untill i installed a upper small pond
and filled it with plants and let the roots filter the water now it is
crystal clear for the last 3 years . The upper pond is about 3 ft sq the
main pond is 220 gal
"addict" wrote in message
m...
Hi all, anybody know the best way to get rid of green water, I have
had the pump running with the UV light on for about two eeks know, and
still green. I am now trying to use interpet green away, anyone ever
tried this before. Or has anybody got any advice on how to get rid of
the algae...

That is what has worked for me. I highly recommend it. The only problem
with it is when the plants are slow to take off like they were last year for
me (I use water hyacinths). I also found that the best clarity works with a
slower water flow and not too deep of a filter pond 18" good - 3' not so
good.