Old 31-03-2005, 07:36 AM
Katra

In article ,
Rusty Mase wrote:

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 22:05:00 GMT, escape
wrote:

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:36:14 -0600, dt opined:
Hundreds of dead grackles???

Sounds like either:
a. a good start
b. a drop in the bucket

You have no idea how horrendous this makes you sound as a human being. How
void are you to say such a thing like this. My heart goes out to such
hatred.

There are many organisms in the world that are vermin. I would
personally consider grackles to be vermin and I suspect I am in the
company of many folks. Although I would not say I hate them, I
certainly have no use for them and it is OK with me if a "drop in the
bucket" number of them croaked.

Rusty Mase

I think I'm going to keep out of this one. ;-)
I have mixed feelings...

Yeah, I think Grackles are cute and I don't wish them ill,
but they DO tend to get a bit overpopulated and drive out
other species! The only things that seem to be able to
compete with them are doves and mockingbirds! Noisy as heck too,
and the babies are a bitch to keep alive in rehab. I've learned
to dread getting them in and pass them on to wildlife rescue in
Kendalia asap.

OTOH, they make good falcon food!

I was blessed with a wonderful early morning experience a couple of
months ago in the parking lot at our local HEB! I saw a pretty little
hawk on the ground in one of the parking lot islands and on closer look,
of all things, it was a PEREGRINE FALCON!!!

Probably migrating.

It had just caught it's breakfast and flew off with it as I approached.
Appears to have been a female grackle.

Oh well! ;-)

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

There is no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train the world and we'll never have to change it again. -- Swami Beyondanada