Old 31-03-2005, 07:40 AM
Katra

In article ,
"Cindy" wrote:

There are many organisms in the world that are vermin. I would
personally consider grackles to be vermin and I suspect I am in the
company of many folks. Although I would not say I hate them, I
certainly have no use for them and it is OK with me if a "drop in the
bucket" number of them croaked.

Rusty Mase

Are grackles the same thing as starlings? THEY rank somewhere in the same
level as cockroaches in my book.

Cindy

Same family, blackbirds, but no, they are not the same bird...

Grackles are larger and have dark eyes.
Starlings are smaller, quieter, and have those bright yellow eyes.

I don't really see that many starlings around here.

Probably due to the abundance of grackles filling that niche. G
--
K.