Old 31-03-2005, 03:35 AM
Dwayne

I've never done it, but my aunt goes out into the field and digs up wild
asparagus and transplants it into her bed. It seems to work for her. You
have to dig a little deeper than you planted them and get as many roots as
you can.

Dwayne

"Jim Johnston" wrote in message
Happy Spring, all -

Has anyone tried to move an existing asparagus bed to a new location and
been successful in that venture? If so, do you have any tips & tricks to
share?

We're moving to a new home and I'd love to take my aspargus bed with and
re-establish it in the new location. The bed consists of about 100 crowns
ranging from 3-6 years' maturity.

Thanks ahead of time for any advice you might offer!

Jim