Old 31-03-2005, 07:25 PM
Doug Kanter

Default Lawn rolling

A local landscaper just leafletted the houses in my area, promoting lawn
rolling for $18.00, price good till May 1. Can't blame him for promoting,
but the ground's still kind of squishy. In any case, I'm thinking of going
for the service. In my previous house, the lawn always settled nicely after
the winter. The new house is a different story. I moved here in September
and the lawn was so bumpy that unless I slowed the mower to a crawl, some of
the wheels were off the ground all the time from the bouncing.

The real question, though: Unless this same landscaper can aerate the lawn
afterward, I won't have the rolling done (by him). In terms of working time,
should aerating take about as long as rolling? More? Less? I'm sort of
looking for price guidance before I call him.

The yard's completely flat, by the way.