Old 31-03-2005, 09:19 PM
Ford Prefect

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 10:39:25 +0100, Victoria Clare
wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in
:

"Victoria Clare" wrote ...
I've just bought a Miltonia orchid. I've only grown phalenopsis
orchids before.

Any advice for growing Miltonias in the UK?

I understand they need more humidity than phalenopsis - am I likely
to get away with it on a windowsill on a plate of water balanced on
pebbles?

If you manage to get the humidity right for the Miltoniopsis on the
windowsill then the wall paper will fall off the wall.
I've always found them difficult. Good luck.

Hmm. Fortunately I have no wallpaper, but I know what you mean. Sounds
like this is going to be a shortlived one. Oh well, I'll enjoy it while
I've got it.

Victoria

Try asking at rec.gardens.orchids they're a friendly group and have
helped me on many occasions.