Old 01-04-2005, 04:53 AM
Lar

In article . com,
says...
I being overrun with ants. They start coming into my house about this
time every year. I have chemicals and I use them but I hate to use
them.
Is there a way I can eliminate the ant without dangerous chemicals?

It can depend on what you consider a dangerous chemical :/

If you can get an I.D. of what species of ants they may be, you may be
able to aid yourself with no chemicals at all. This time of year the
Odorous House Ant is a common invader...squish one and see if by chance
it gives off an odor. If so, you probably can find the colony just
outside the house where you are seeing them inside. They do not nest in
the ground like other ants, but will be in loose leaf matter or under a
potted plant, usually somewhere moist. There will be no mistaking when
you come across a colony, just remove and dispose of as needed. Other
ants probably will need a bait to stop them...numerous products on the
market ranging from extremely low toxic baits, to the bit more toxic
boric acid based baits. It can be guess work at times figuring out if
they are feeding on sweets or proteins, their diets can change depending
on what the colony needs at the time.
--
Lar

to email....get rid of the BUGS