Old 01-04-2005, 08:12 AM
Pam Moore

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 23:17:10 +0100, "Jo"
wrote:

my 6-year old daughter has discovered a taste for blueberies - ideal for her
mid-morning snack at school and highly nutritious. I love 'em too. Just
wondered if anyone has had any success in growing their own as they're so
expensive to buy. If so, what's the best way to go about it?

Jo

I have two plants in pots, one which has fruited for the last 2 years
and a smaller one which has not flowered yet, but looks as though it
will this year. I have to keep them potted as my soil is wrong for
them. I only got a few each day during the fruiting period but that's
not bad for smallish plants. They like acid soil and plenty of water.
It will be interesting to see how Dave's experiment goes with growing
from seed.

Pam in Bristol