Old 01-04-2005, 01:29 PM
JC

dps wrote:
If one does not place markers to define the driveway, the lawn

sometimes
gets plowed in error. Also, when we have lots of snow, the markers
sometimes get plowed, reducing it to the previous problem.

OTOH, my turnaround is not large enough, so I (deliberately) plow

part
of my lawn to make room for turning and parking. I also have to plow
next to my greenhouse to keep the snow from piling up and pushing the

side in. I have to plow a path on the lawn to get to the greenhouse.
Works fine if the ground is frozen. Iffy in mud season.

Travis wrote:
JC wrote:

X-No-Archive:yes

Can anyone suggest a rule of thumb for when to plant grass seed on

winter/snowplow damaged lawn?

The bigger question is: What was the snow plow doing on your lawn?

X-No-Archive:yes
Here in CT we had a lot of snow this year - Nick, my plow/and mow guy -
uses a Jeep to plow both the driveway and the front sidewalk which gets
snowed on from the state trucks plowing the highway in front of the
house. Even today, there are still piles of iced snow around the yard
- just trying to Think Spring