Old 01-04-2005, 01:03 PM
Icarus

Ford Prefect wrote:

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:50:01 +0100, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:

In article , Icarus
writes
I expect this is a bit of a minority interest, but I love tropical
houses. We used to have one in Victoria Park in Portsmouth that I
visited as a kid - I loved all that lush vegetation, the stepping
stones over the fish pond etc. I've since seen one or two in other
places, e.g. Cotswold Wildlife Park. Could sit in there for ages
just enjoying the warmth and watching the wildlife. Anyone else
here share my enthusiasm, and maybe have some good recommendations
for other tropical houses elsewhere?

Cheers :-)

John.

The glasshouses at City of Birmingham Botanic Gardens include
tropical, subtropical, Mediterranean and arid houses.

Did you say you're still in Portsmouth?
I loved that as a kid too espically the cage at the end with the mynah
birds. If you are still living in the area Staunton Country Park
(known locally as Lee Park Gardens) just outside Havant has a large
victorian conservatory with a tropical section.
Ford.

Hiya, yes I still live here and I didn't know that - I will take a look.
Thanks! :-)