Old 01-04-2005, 07:08 PM
Katra

In article ,
escape wrote:

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 00:54:11 -0600, Katra
opined:

In article ,
escape wrote:

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:25:39 -0600, Katra
opined:

Victoria dear, I think you took his comment out of context. ;-)
I personally found it to be humourous and I think he meant it to be such!

While I would NEVER "celebrate" the untimely death of thousands of
grackles, he did have a point! In some areas there are far, FAR too many
of them and as a result, the population is none too healthy and they can
cause a health hazard to other species in those great numbers.

Where did you read that grackles cause a health hazard to other species of
birds?

Niche crowding and starvation,
HUGE piles of guano in plants and under trees and roosts.....

etc.

I wanted to know where you read how grackles cause a health hazard to other
species of birds.

Why do I need a physical reference? ;-)
Personal observation is sufficient...

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

There is no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train the world and we'll never have to change it again. -- Swami Beyondanada