Old 01-04-2005, 04:52 PM
Rich McKinney

I have one Concord vine. It's called "Mr. Grapie". When my son was 3 or 4
(he's 9 now), he found this withered up vine in K-Mart one snowy MI winter.
Since it was only $1.00, I bought it for him. We put it in the garage and
planted it in the spring. Every day Kevin would use his toy bucket and take
water out of his wading pool to feed "Mr. Grapie". It lived (point taken,
plenty of water when transplanting...).

When we moved to NC 3 years ago, Mr. Grapie moved with us, and now has a
home along the back fence.

Grapes get BIG, so I concentrated on where I had space for them, which means
along the back fence. It is in partial sun. I have had no problems with
fungus. I did have a big problem with Japanese Beetles last year, and
treatments with Pyrethren was not real successful. Even so, I got 8 quarts
of juice from that one vine.

Rich