Old 01-04-2005, 03:11 PM
Andy

"ALS" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I am in Normandy on a farm and have extensive formal
gardens which I have been trying to return to their former glory. I have
about 100 roses in the main gardens and have had some nasty problems with
an
employee who sprayed most of the roses with a roundup spray instead of a
rose spray last summer (Yes, it was on purpose). It broke my heart. I have
started replacing them, but my question is, is it enough to remove large
areas of soil and replace with new or do I need to take the entire soil
from
all the beds to have healthy growth with new planting? I would appreciate
any experienced rose growers comments.

Send me your photos