Old 01-04-2005, 08:14 PM
jon

You might want to look at this web page:

http://forestry.about.com/library/si...silacesacc.htm

Priscilla Deverell wrote:
Hello Group,

If anyone knows how to reproduce silver maple or maple trees period,

could
you lend some of your expertise? Here's my story guys..........

Last spring, I decided to grow sliver maple trees from the seeds that

are
produced from it's mother tree in my backyard. The seeds germinated

quickly
and within a week or two I had new saplings (I think that's what you

call
baby trees). However, after a few months they started dying off. Out

of a
total of 20 saplings, 5 survived long enough to be planted in the

ground
before winter. It is spring again and the planted trees are dead. I

am
assuming I did not water enough and/or the soil was not deep enough

in their
individual containers.

If I get a good system going, I plan to reproduce as many as 50-100

trees. I
am a beginner so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Priscilla Deverell
Covington, Tennessee