Old 01-04-2005, 04:09 PM
Bob Hobden

"Chris Hogg" wrote in reply to me
Having fallen in love with the true deep pink flowers of Magnolia
sprengeri
var diva "Lanhydrock" whilst visiting the Savill Garden recently I wonder
if
any of you know the final size of this tree, something I have been unable
ascertain.
I'm looking for one that has a single stem and will not exceed, say, 30ft
tall with a spread of 20ft, but it must have the true deep pink flowers of
the above variety.
(I don't like the normal purply tinged pink ones, sorry)

Also, recommendations for supplier?

In addition to Sacha's suggestions, try Burncoose Nurseries. Their
catalogue lists over 100 species and varieties, and they also do mail
order.

http://www.burncoose.co.uk/

Pictures of many magnolias on their web site and also at
http://www.caerhays.co.uk/

Thank you both for your suggestions, I have found a supplier,Spinners Garden
in the New Forest but an e-mail has failed to get a response. The RHS Wisley
say they will be getting some in idc and have a note of my requirements and
say they will phone me.

--
Regards
Bob