Old 01-04-2005, 04:23 PM
Pam Moore

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 09:27:45 +0100, Martin Brown
wrote:

They will grow quite nicely on a patio in 12-14" pots of ericaceous
compost (or in the ground if you have an acid soil). You need two
different cultivars to get a fruit set - not self fertile.

Not necessarily, Martin. As I said, and this has come up in discussion
before, it does not seem to be the case that they are not self-
fertile. I have had fruit on mine for two years without another plant.
I have now acquired another small one. I feel sure nobody near me
grows them.

Pam in Bristol