Old 02-04-2005, 05:58 PM
Cowboy

escape wrote:
On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 12:08:48 -0600, Katra opined:

Why do I need a physical reference? ;-)
Personal observation is sufficient...

Observation is subjective, not scientific or objective. You made a pretty firm
claim that grackles present a hazard to the health and well being of other
native birds and I am trying to check up on that. I thought since you were
making this statement, you must have read it somewhere.

In many years of observing native birds I've not known grackles to displace or
present hazards to the health of any other birds simply based on their
lifestyle. They live in huge flocks, many times in parking lots, in city trees,
on wires, etc.

The smaller migratory variety live in huge flocks - the larger permanent
variety thankfully don't flock, though they do live here in large
numbers and tend to group in favorable territory - like the University
of Texas campus.

Cowboy

I understand not liking them and their mountains of poops, noise, etc. That is
a different set of circumstances which have nothing to do with displacing or
causing health hazard to any other native birds...which is my point.

Victoria